How To Make Your Brand Newsworthy
It’s important to note that what is news for you, may not necessarily be news for the media. It helps if you read and follow similar stories in the media you want to reach, so you have a good understanding of the kind of stories they publish.
One way to determine if your brand is newsworthy is if you are launching a product or service for the first time that is unique or one-of-a-kind. If you are doing something that will have an impact on your local community or offering expert advice on a current news topic. You can also try to piggy back on any trends or report on something that brings national recognition to your brand.
If you’re still struggling with ideas on creating news, here is a list that can help get you started:
- Offer advice in the form of tips
- Conduct a survey and announce results
- Make a local connection to a national trend or news development. Include:
- A statement of the trend or news item
- A summary of your expert response or list of bulleted tips in response to the news item
- A paragraph the provides information about your expertise and credentials that allows an editor or reporter to determine if you are indeed qualified to provide an expert local review.
- Create a holiday or seasonal tie in. Include:
- A lead statement that includes an appropriate article topic
- An expansion on that theme with stats and facts
- A quote that supports your premise and offers more information, particularly opinion
- A paragraph describing your company
If you want to dive even deeper into media relations and publicity planning, order your copy of Streetwise Complete Publicity Plans: How to Create Publicity That Will Spark Media Exposure and Excitement